WatchChat is the first app that allows you to send and receive WhatsApp messages on your Apple Watch. You only need to scan a QR code and then you are ready to roll!
Beschreibung anzeigen Beschreibung verbergen
With WatchChat, you can
- access all of your WhatsApp chats (and group chats)
- reply to chats via keyboard, quick replies, dictation and scribble
- send voice messages
- use a variety of different keyboard layouts*
- view pictures (and zoom into them in native resolution)
- listen to voice messages
- customize quick replies and chat font size
- start a new chat right from the Watch
*The currently supported keyboard layouts are:
- FlickType (English)
- ABC (English, Deutsch, Español, Português, אבגדה, Ελληνικά, Suomi, русский)
- QWERTY (English, Español, Italiano)
- QWERTZ (Deutsch)
- AZERTY (Français)
Setting up the app for the first time only takes 4 simple steps:
- open the app on your Apple Watch
- open WhatsApp
- in WhatsApp, go to "Settings" > "WhatsApp Web/Desktop" > "Scan QR Code"
- scan the QR code that will appear on your Apple Watch after 10-30 seconds
- if a popup comes up, just try again, it will work out eventually :)
As this is a 3rd-party-app, I would really appreciate if you had suggestions for further development so I can take your ideas into consideration. If you encounter issues while using the app, don't hesitate to contact me, I am more than happy to help.
Please keep in mind that, as the app isn’t officially affiliated with WhatsApp, available features and functionality are subject to change. To keep up with everything, the app has been updated more than 50 times since its release in 2017 - I am always looking for ways to offer new features or improve the existing ones.
The "Support WatchChat Development" subscription can be purchased for free users to access the "Contacts" section and will grant access to future additions. After the free trial period, if offered, the subscription automatically renews with the price and duration given in the purchase button unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. YOU CAN MANAGE AND CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTIONS BY GOING TO YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS ON THE APP STORE AFTER PURCHASE. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
As of January, the subscription's free trial period is 3 days, it is billed annually and the price is about the equivalent of 3 USD.